Saturday, March 16, 2013

Canvas for my brother's first child & Add A Little P.O.P Challenge

Hi Everyone,

This canvas is also for the Add A Little P.O.P challenge for Inspiration Emporium.  I can't get enough of making these canvas'.  This canvas was calling out to me when I first saw the picture that my brother took of his son with my grandmother.  A little info:  My grandmother is in a senior's long term care facility.  This is her first great grandson to carry on our family name, so to say the least it is a very special moment.  The picture that my brother captured was just priceless.  The smile on her face is one that we seldom ever see, so when I saw the picture I knew that I had to do something special with it.  This is one of two canvas' that I made using the same photo but in different sizes.  This first one is for my brother and the second one is for my grandmother's room.

I used the Tim Holtz Musical Tissue Wrap for the background of the canvas.  I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some molding paste to add some texture.  After it dried, I sprayed tons of Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays along with my favorite Tattered Angels Sweet Clover spray.  I used an enormous amount of embellishments to adorn this beautiful picture.  Here is a list of products that I used:

Paper Doily
Prima Flowers
I am Roses flowers and leaves
Michael's Metal Key
Prima Zipper
Bottle Cap
Tattered Angel Card
Tim Holtz Pattern Paper
American Craft Letters
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Metal Clock from Scrapbooking with ME
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Golden Gesso and Molding Paste
Trims from Karlas001

I hope you enjoy this beautiful creation for an even more amazing picture!  Thank baby brother for the inspiration!

Regards,

Katherine Lonuzzo

Finished Canvas 

Step 1

 Step 2

 Close Ups


My favorite part (zipper)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining our March challenge at Inspiration Emporium!
    Precious indeed! You definitely created a family keepsake here! It is nice to read the story behind the creation too. Very special!!!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete