Friday, December 30, 2011

September SSSS Angel Box

Hello Everyone,

I was truly honored when Jadedstudios asked me to help out with an Angel package for a sister in a special group that I am in.  This was definitely something that was out of my element.  I had to think outside the box for this one.  I was the lucky angel for an amazing sister Allyson in our group.  Here are a few pictures of the altered cigar box that I made for her.


This is the top of the box that I painted and covered with pattern paper.  I used some Websters flower trim across the bottom of the lid, some Prima trim along the sides and double lace across the top.  I cut out the bird and bird cage from the TH die.  I painted them both, sponging glitter paint to the cage and distress ink to the bird.  Being as we are in a group called the Secret Squirrel Sisterhood Society, I found it quite fitting to use a sticker embellishment with the word "sisters".  I used some Zva flourish bling, Wild Orchid Crafts gardenia that I misted, some yellow cherry blossoms also from WOC along with some orange and two tone orange flowers from Karlas001's etsy store.  I really love how it turned out.  The theme was either halloween or fall and since I don't celebrate halloween I opted for the fall theme.


This is the unfinished inside of the box.  I later on finished it off with a pocket along the bottom of the lid and added a peacock feather inside the pocket.  I painted the outside and inside of the box using brown, cream and gold paint.  I love how it has that homey feel to it.  I had so much fun decorating this box.

Here is a video of Allyson opening up her box full of goodies:


Enjoy and until next time!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment