Friday, December 30, 2011

October SSSS "Pink It Up" Theme Swap

Hello Everyone,

This was an amazing month to be a part of this awesome swap on the SSSS group!  It was my month.  Seeing as pink is my favorite color, I knew that this one would be a breeze!  I love everything pink...okay, except for cars and furniture...lol!  I had an amazing sister from Montreal, Canada.  It was great having a sister that lived in the same country.  She is an amazing woman!  I had to do some research on what she liked and went from there.  Since she was a fellow canuck, I knew that a few Canadian items were in order.  Here are a couple pictures of the altered cigar box and the Inspirational Quote Journal that I made her.  I hope you love it as much as I did making it!


This is the top of the box that I painted in pink and cream.  Then used the Rock Candy crackle paint by Ranger over the whole box.  I used lace, pearl strands, flatback pearl trim, Wild Orchid Craft flowers, Prima bling, the TH dressform die (covered with black satin, lace, bling) and added a vellum quote in the top corner.  I truly enjoyed making this altered cigar box!  My favorite so far.  I left the inside of the box in its original wood.


This is the side of the box.  I just embellished it with two different kinds of lace and some flatback pearl trim from Karlas001's etsy store.


This is the front of the inspirational quote journal that I made for Christine (bellepoupee61 on YT)  I searched online for the photo as she mentioned that she loved Coco Chanel.  I continued with the Wild Orchid Crafts flowers along with some Zva bling.  The stamp is from TH's collection.  I popped up the photo and used some lace and flatback pearls to trim around it.  The closure for the journal is some pink ribbon.


This is the side view of the book.  I used the TH dressform stamp on sticky back canvas that I misted in pink and added a row of flatback pearls on the back.

Here are the two videos that Christine posted on her YT channel with all the goodies that I sent.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!


Part One of the video


Part Two of the video!

I have also included the video of my awesome box of goodies from my dear 5th sister Lana (Louisilana on YT).  Please check out her channel and show her some love!  Grab a cup of coffee as this is a long video and then sit back, relax and enjoy!



Take care until next time!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment