Saturday, December 31, 2011

Final post for 2011

Hello Everyone,

It's that time of year again.  The final day of the year!  I am excited to go and visit with some friends tonight for a quiet dinner and board games before ringing in the new year.  It is also my husband's birthday today!  Happy Birthday Honey!  I love you very much!  I hope that everyone has a wonderfully blessed and safe New Year!

My final project of the year was something I made for my best friend.  She starting scrapbooking because of me many years ago but has only really started to enjoy it and evolve over the last 10 months.  I love spending crafting time with her.  This year I decided to go all out on her Christmas gift.  I know that she won't spend a lot of money to feed her love of crafting so I decided a few months ago that I was going to get her the things she wouldn't buy for herself.  I filled a 2 cubic foot box about 3/4 full of all scrappy goodness for her.  She couldn't believe how much I bought.  I made sure she had a good cutter, a heat gun, the TH tiny attacher, a glass mat, lots of 12 x 12 patterned paper, some colored cardstock, flowers, bling, Michael's mini frames, Prima goodness and much much more.  To say the least, she was absolutely speechless.  That is the best gift that anyone could give me.  The looks on their faces of sheer joy is gift enough alone!  I had to ensure that there was a crafted item in her box and this is what I came up with.  I hope you like this as much as I did making it!  Thanks so much for stopping by and showing your support and love!  Would love to hear your comments!


This is the top of the box.  It is decorated with some white lace trim, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, pearl sprays from Michael's and a big silk blue rose from Walmart.  I truly love how this came together.  The box had the patterned paper as seen but I decided to cover the sides and bottom with a different pattern paper to tone it down.  I added some pearl strands from Karlas001's etsy store to finish off the top.


This is a different angle of the box.


This is a picture of the cluster of flowers and sprays.


A side view of the flower cluster.


The front side of the box.  I added this sticker from Imaginations and then some more Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and Iamroses flowers along with bling from Recollections.  I also used mesh bling and pearl strands to decorate the edges.


Side of box with bling from Recollections and lace, mesh bling and pearl strands.


The back of the box using two colors of bling from Recollections, lace, mesh bling and more pearl strands.


The right side using bling from Recollections, mesh bling, lace and pearl strands.

Thank you so much for all your support this year!  I look forward to getting to know more of you in the coming years!  Would love to hear some comments and feedback!  Take care and a very Happy New Year to all of you!

Katherine

2 comments:

  1. very pretty Katherine, I love this box...
    Happy New Year to you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Judy! Happy New Year! Katherine

    ReplyDelete